- “Vision/Mission statement is a paradox to new economy.”
– it is true that we should have Vision/Mission in order for us to have goals in what an organization is doing. A mission and vision are standard and critical elements of a company’s organizational strategy. Most established companies develop organizational mission statements and vision statements, which serve as foundational guides in the establishment of company objectives. The company then develops strategic and tactical plans for objectives.
- ” “Customer is King” is a paradox to new economy.”
-Customer is King means more than just good customer service. A customer should not just be satisfied in what he/she is getting from the service that you are giving them, a customer should also give us what are the things that they want to get we should also follow what do they want .
- “Cross Functional Teams are effective and represent good form of organizational structure.”
-The most simple definition of cross-functional teams is groups that are made up of people from different functional areas within a company. Means that even if they are not working in the same are they could still work as a 1 team and finish the work with cooperation.
- “Workers are more interested in remuneration than challenging function.”
-The bigger the money bill the harder you ball, more workers work hard for what they will get now a days. Because all of us has everyday needs that is needed to be sustain and maintained.
- “Management should discourage informal group of workers in an organization.”
-Being productive is one of the characteristics that a worker should obtain. But not all workers have that characteristics that’s why an organization should not encourage this kind of workers because this would be a big loss for there company.
- “IT leaders should spend more time with colleagues, partners, and customers than with IT staff, and vendors.”
-Spending more time with colleagues, partners and customer is very necessary for an IT Leader why? Because we start connection with the people that we are giving are services, in other word we tend to have a relationship that might help us for more ideas or information to be gathered for the things that they want get.
- “IT leaders should have a voice at the executive table which key business decisions are made.”
-as a leader you should have be ready in taking responsibility that you should able to handle your staff and other team members for doing a certain task and also able to give idea to the organization on what to do.
- “Leaders are more effective if they are more concerned about people than task.”
-Concerned about the people than task. A very big yes for me because it more important that the team is complete, than the task is completed but you are losing a team member. Because as a leader it is your task to check your people if they are feeling well or are they sick or something because that also shows the trait of a good leader.
- “Leaders are more effective if they focus their efforts on improving external-facing processes than business functional processes.”
-As a Leader on top you focusing on external-facing processes is the real job for you to handle because business functional processes is a work that is needed to be really done by mid-level personnel because they are more trained in doing these processes. But as a leader you should also have the knowledge in the business functional processes because a leader that knows how to handle every processes in the organization is great leader.
- “Organizations are better off if CIO’s reports to CFO’s.”
-the lower the cost of a project doesn’t mean that the project should not be good. It just show that as an IT, if given a task you should give it all even if the cost for it is very low.
- “IT-enabled innovations should be the primordial concern of management.”
-in an IT Organization, IT enabled innovation is very important for the management. As the IBM quote that says “Innovation that matters, for our company and for the world”.
- “Organization could careless in understanding business complexities and processes than developing technology innovation and strategy.”
-Knowledge is very important in the industry this serves as the guidelines on what an organization could do for the people.
- “Organizational initiative successes are dependent on technology.”
– Not all organization depend there successes in there technology. People of the organization are the real successor.
- “Communications and relationships building skills are more important than technology skills.”
– it is very important to have communication and relationship building skills because even if you know all the technology skills, you still need to have a team in order for you to get a work done easily. Having communication and relationship building skills makes a good team because having communication and relation with other team member makes a team more efficient in work.
- “Service level agreements are measures of inter-department performance and should be treated separately with the goals and objectives of the organization.”
-A service level agreement is a contract between a service provider (either internal or external) and the end user that defines the level of service expected from the service provider. SLA’s are output-based in that their purpose is specifically to define what the customer will receive. This is one of the performance indicator in an organization that should not be separated with the goals and objectives of the organization.
- “Measures should be established across organization and to all departments to facilitate organizational effectiveness and productivity.”
-this measures how good a departments effectiveness and productivity is. This also serves as performance indicator in an organization that why it should be established across an organization and to all departments to facilitate organizational effectiveness and productivity.
17.” IT Leaders should focus on technological innovation than delivery of business outcomes through IT Services.”
– as an IT, focusing on the technological innovation is necessary because can improve whatever service that IT provides for the people and the industry.
18. Analytic’s is one area where CIOs can play a central role.”
– Chief Information Officer are great analytical thinker. As the CIO they are the one that handles the IT strategy and the computer systems required to support an enterprise’s objective and goals. Analytic’s is the systematic computational analysis wherein it is used to gain insights that inform business decisions and also to automate and optimize business processes.
19.”In the new economy, IT productivity is not created by reducing the cost of IT per income of revenue, but by increasing revenue per income of IT spending.
– as I’ve said the bigger the bill the harder you ball, meaning in IT the more budget allotted in a project the better software is develop.
20.”IT Role in an organization is viewed as “cost center” and “obstacle to productivity” than “business partners” and “service providers”
-obstacle to productivity is acceptable but cost center that is not acceptable. For new people that are new in the industry they might see that IT is the cost center because they don’t yet know what is the reason why an organization put’s allot of money in the IT department. IT provides understandable and relevant metrics to business leaders is an integral part of the transformation from traditional IT to service-oriented business technology.